How to reach the hospital by car
Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust
Bth, BA1 3NG
- Car Parks and Charges
Nearest Bus Stop
There are Park & Ride buses from Odd Down in the south, and buses from the west that stop at the Newbridge Park & Ride, a short walk from the RUH. More buses drop off at the hospital or within walking distance.
Bath Bus Station – RUH (Direct)
- Service 4: runs every 10 minutes between Odd Down and Weston, stopping at the city centre and the RUH.
- Service 3a: runs every 20 minutes between Elmhurst Estate and Weston, stopping at the city centre and the RUH.
- Service 20: runs hourly between Twerton, Weston, City Centre, and the University of Bath, stopping at the RUH.
Nearest Railway Station
- Oldfield Park is our closest station, a 25 minute walk to RUH. A train from Bristol Temple Meads takes just 15 minutes. A train from Trowbridge to Oldfield Park takes 25 mins.
- Bath Spa is a 15 minute bus journey (number 4) away from RUH. A train from Chippenham to Bath Spa takes around 15 mins.
To make travel arrangements or purchase train tickets, please contact Great Western Railway. You can also visit www.nationalrail.co.uk or contact them on 0845 7484 950 (open 24 hours) for more information.
Atrium Coffee Bar: Just inside main entrance serving hot and cold beverages, packet sandwiches, crisps, fresh fruit & cakes and pastries. 10am - 2pm : Serving rolls, baguette & sandwiches made to order. Hot meals are available lunchtimes and evenings. Breakfasts are available until 11am at weekend
Friends Coffee Shop: Ground Floor, Zone B. Monday – Friday 9:30am – 4pm. The Friends Coffee Shop serves hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, toasties, paninis, jacket potatoes, cakes and pastries
Lansdown Restaurant: Open 7:30am - 2:30pm (Mon-Fri): Evening service is available from the Atrium coffee bar. Offering Cooked & continental breakfast, Hot snacks, Traditional cooked meals, salads, sandwiches, fresh fruit, and beverages
Vending Facilities: Found throughout the RUH
- Delicatessen, Bakery - Chelsea Road BA1 3DU
- No3 Cafe 3, High Street, BA1 4BX
Other Shops Nearby
- Supermarket & Greengrocers on Chelsea Road, BA1 3DU
- Tesco Express, High Street, BA1 4BX
Available in Atrium, Main Entrance
Religious and Spiritual Support
The Chaplaincy Team: provides spiritual and religious care to all Patients, their Carers and Families, as well as hospital staff. We respect and support people of all faiths or none, respecting their uniqueness, integrity and confidentiality. We are able to offer assistance to make appropriate contact for people of all faiths. The team comprises four chaplains and a number of honorary chaplains and spiritual care volunteers. We are always available, to offer appropriate support, to visit and to listen, please ask a member of the ward staff to provide a referral form, or Tel : 01225 824039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Spiritual Care Centre: offers 24-hour access for people of all faiths or none, providing room for reflection, prayer or simply to gather their thoughts. The Spiritual Care Centre is located on the intersection of Zone C & D on the ground floor of the Princess Anne Wing
Patient and Family Liaison Services
PALS: A free, accessible and confidential service for patients, relatives and carers to help you when you need advice, have concerns, or don't know where to turn. The PALS office is located in the main atrium and is open Monday to Friday 0900-1700
Foreign Language and BSL interpreter services for patient and carers' with language and communication needs to ensure they receive the same quality of healthcare as all other patients. All staff know how to book interpreters or seek assistance at the PALS office is located in the main atrium and is open Mon – Fri 0900- 17:00