What does the South West Neonatal Network do?
The South West Operational Delivery Neonatal Network ensures the delivery of the highest standard of Neonatal Care services across the South West that are centred on the infant and delivered in partnership with parents and families.
The Purpose of the Neonatal ODN
- To provide care as close as home as possible
- To promote and share best practice
- To ensure families are central partners in all care that they receive and that they are provided with clear and consistent information and support
- To monitor service and clinical quality against national standards
- To develop, implement and monitor neonatal clinical pathways
- To develop neonatal workforce strategies in order to develop services which are sustainable for the future
- To develop and implement neonatal clinical practice guidelines
- To provide a neonatal education program which is accessible for all clinical staff